Saturday, December 30, 2017

Love and Saucers now available for viewing

painting by David Huggins
Love and Saucers is new documentary. It's the story of David Huggins, a 72 year-old Hoboken man who claims to have had a lifetime of encounters with otherworldly beings, including an inter-species romance with an extra-terrestrial woman. The story is chronicled with David's eerie paintings.  The video is available for streaming or rental and various sites, all liked HERE.

the artist
I saw a short teaser video for this film back in 2014. It was only a minute or so long, but I was very worried that that the overall project would take advantage of David. My fear was that the film would  be mean.

I sent the Director, Brad Abrahams, an email. In it, I said, "I just saw your short video on David Huggins. I realize you are doing a documentary, and I hope you will respect David and his gentle ways… I have spent many hours in conversation with him, and he is a very sweet man. I implore you not to take advantage of his life experiences and create something sensationalistic.”

He replied the same day: "Believe me, my only intention is to tell David's story as faithfully as I can. I stayed with him for a few days over a year ago, and agree completely that he is both sweet and sincere.”

I am happy to say the director told David's story with great care. Many of the accounts and paintings focus on sex with an alien woman, and this could have been easily exploited. The strangeness is kept in check by David's very calming presence. This movie is highly recommended.

Other stories about David HERE


____________________________________

3 comments:

Susan Demeter said...

I am looking forward to seeing this documentary. Its an interesting case and I find some of his art compelling.

LilyofTheWoods said...

I am so glad that you took the time to try to protect him.

Aaron Darnell said...

Glad you did too, these 'fine artists' can be consistently insensitive and belligerent.